Welcome to AIJB 2024! We want to extend our congratulations directly to you for your hard work and dedication to music. Being selected for the band is a highly competitive process, and you are truly amongst the finest middle school band musicians in the State!
NOW is when the real work begins, and we trust you will approach the preparation of music for the concert in the same diligent way prepared for your audition. It is critical that you arrive at the Festival in January fully prepared to perform your part, and that you understand the pieces through dedicated listening.
Here are reference recordings of the five works the AIJB will rehearse and perform with Professor Paula Crider on January 19th and 20th:
- Albanian Dance – Shelley Hanson
- Clouds that Sail in Heaven – Todd Stalter
- La Madre de los Gatos – Brian Beck
- The Seal Lullaby – Eric Whitacre
- Tripwire – JaRod Hall
Please note and observe the following with regards to the music:
- All music is the property of AIJB and must be returned at the conclusion of the AIJB 2024 Festival concert.
- Please mark your parts in pencil ONLY.